Maybe I was a little too inspired, overtired, still tipsy from NYEve...in any event, I made a resolution: do 365 things I've never done before, one for each day of 2009. I don't think my friends believe I can do it. This blog is proof.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

9.3.9-19.4.9


Over the past 41 days I've done 41 things for the first time (one per day working from 41 days ago up to the present):
41-first time ever expecting girl student and getting boy student (gender ambiguous name). Me to co-workers who haven't yet met student: "it's a boy!"
40-first time ever having interview for big sister program.
39-first time ever being told I may have to go back to highschool.
38-first time ever having amazingly delicious home-cooked italian meal. menu: prosciutto-wrapped bread sticks, olives, bocconcini, gnocchi, cotoletta milanese, stuffed zucchini and mushrooms, salad, tiramisu. possibly the most full i've ever been in my life.
37-first time ever dressing up as fruit salad for costume party.
36-first time ever walking backwards down the stairs.
35-first time ever having mini photos taken of each of my individual teeth.
34-first time ever having two cups of tea before work.
33-first time ever being told that i am lucky because i have naturally healthy mouth bacteria.
32-first time ever getting money back from greenshield within 24 hours. $!
31-first time ever getting hair cut by hairdresser who shall remain nameless. Hideous!
30-first time ever watching 4 episodes of House M.D. season one in a row. Wasting time!
29-first time ever eating more than 4 fruits in one day. Healthy!
28-first time ever going to see my new apartment!
27-first time ever leaving Pain Committee meeting early due to pain.
26-first time ever getting hair fixed at STRUT!
25-first time ever not wearing socks on a really cold day. brr!
24-first time ever going on roadtrip with church ladies.
23-first time ever doing lunge walks at bootcamp.
22-first time ever yelping from pain when attempting to get up in the morning (see above).
21-first time ever paying my college registration fees on time! no late fee!
20-first time ever having soup from Thai Express-yum!
19-first time ever picking up my Sara and THawk at the airport.
18-first time ever babysitting my Godson THawk. first time ever truly realizing how unready I am to have children-they cry!
17-first time ever ironing a t-shirt.
16-first time ever going to the Central branch of the Hamilton Public Library. Books!
15-first time ever thinking I've almost lost Barkley the poodle. Don't worry, I found him.
14-first time ever eating a bunch of leavened products in order to reduce the amount of leavened products that I would have to clean out/throw away/give away. yum!
13-first time ever cleaning out all the chametz from my apartment.
12-first time ever celebrating Passover.
11-first time ever celebrating Passover the second time in a row.
10-first time ever having double bubbles in my bubble tea (:2T) delish!
9-first time ever buying a birthday balloon and having it fly away in the store parking lot as I'm getting into my car-sad.
8-first time ever bringing Matza to work and first time discovering that Fortinos has the all time most ridiculously delicious carrot cake in the world (no surprise there Fortinos--always amazing!) and also first time ever discovering that my potentially Jewish great grandmother was from Poland and was a millionaire in the textile industry!
7-first time ever having sushi with Becca and Jodi (together).
6-first time ever packing and moving almost all my stuff out of my wonderful apt.
5-first time ever having swedish berries with mini rolos in the same bite. Delish!
4-first time ever having the worst headache ever of my life and first time ever curing the worst headache ever with a double-bag tea.
3-first time ever breaking in my living room and first time having frickles with Webster.
2-first time ever meeting Flopsy and Mopsy the bunny rabbits, first time ever watching a movie in 3d. SO COOL!
1-first time ever taking two naps in one day, first time ever bouncing cheques (yes, unfortunately, more than one), not the first time i've regretted my new years resolution but first time i've regretted it this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment